The Hugh J. Gallen Career and Technical Center provides a rigorous and relevant education for students from Littleton High School and our regional high schools which include: Groveton (Stratford), Profile, Lisbon, Lin-Wood, White Mountains Regional, and Littleton Charter Academy.
The Hugh J. Gallen Career and Technical Center has four main goals which focus on students being “College and Career Ready”:
- For students to experience success in program and industry competencies
- To prepare students with skills, credentials, and college credit that will give them an advantage in the job market
- To develop employability skills (soft skills)
- To prepare students to continue their education at two or four-year post-secondary institutions, colleges and universities
Career and Technical programs provide our students with the theory and practical application through the use of state-of-the-art technologies. Our students leave our programs with the knowledge and skills necessary to be competitive at entry level employment or at post-secondary studies. In addition, all of our students must successfully meet national competencies. Our students also often achieve a credential recognized throughout the respected industry. In most of our programs, students have the opportunity to also earn college credit.
Programs offered at the Center and faculty includes:
- Accounting – Lori Spencer
- Automotive Technology – Dan Brodien
- Video Production – Nathan Read
- Computer Systems Technology – Carl Anderson
- Construction Technology – Ben Tilton
- Essentials of Finance/Global Commerce – Lori Spencer
- EMS – Roger Daigle
- Health Science Technology – Roger Daigle, Dana O’Hara
- Teacher Education – Stephanie Lemay
- Technology/Engineering – Nathan Read
- Work Site Learning/Student Services – Alan Smith
Other elective courses include:
Graphic Design, Computer Literacy (HS and MS), Desktop Publishing, Introduction to Technology (DBMS), Desktop Publishing, Web Page Design, Intro to Automotive, Welding, Woodworking (HS and MS), Child Development, and Health.